Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Ozzfest 2007 Rocks Tinley Park, IL!

Greetings MetalMortals!
It has been much too long since we have connected on Tommy Knocker's Heavy Metal Cavern my brothers. I have attended a few concerts here and there that I haven't posted anything about (Stone Sour at House of Blues in Chicago a few months ago for example...which kicked ass by the way). I also saw Heaven & Hell with Ronnie James Dio in Chicago at Allstate Arena fairly recently as well. I'm a HUGE Ozzyhead and have totally ignored Dio until The Dio Years came out and I saw him live. Dio is the MAN! One of the Godfathers of Metal and he has some serious pipes....a must see.

But, now...OZZFEST 2007 came and kicked my ass! I had to put up a post with pics that I took at the show. PS: All my pics are from the 2nd Stage cuz this fool got a little trigger happy.


BIGGEST SURPRISE: Ozzy didn't play Iron Man or Flying High Again. WTF?! He played a great set list, but I was a little bummed out about these two being left off.

WEIRDEST SHIT THAT I SAW: A band called ChthoniC from Taiwan. Those were some weird motherfuckers. A little 135-pound Taiwanese dude prattling/growling on about Taiwan's independence from China or some shit and growling to hold the Taiwanese flag up high (someone had one in the crowd) is some weirdness for the Midwest man! It's all good, but it scored right up there on the weirdness chart. There was dude playing some kind of "stick popping out of a box" with a violin bow....now that shit was weird AND it scared me a bit.

BEST BAND: O-Z-Z-Y!....O-Z-Z-Y!....O-Z-Z-Y!....O-Z-Z-Y! My boy Zakk Wylde was wearing some crazy black kilt thing, but he rocked it as usual. Ozzy's opening song Bark at the Moon below (from Chicago).


BEST GUITAR SOLO: Zakk Wylde....have a listen. Called my home answering machine from my cell phone at the show and recorded it! [insert link to audio here -- coming soon!]

BEST MOSH PIT: 2nd Stage during Hatebreed. It was a HUGE fucking pit brothers! This pit got to moving pretty fast. Getting trampled from behind was a thought running through the ole skully on this one.


HOTTEST LEAD SINGER?!: Yup, the "Gwen Stefani" of heavy metal is emerging on the scene. In This Moment's lead singer Maria was definitely the hottest lead singer to grace the stages at Ozzfest 2007 (or any Ozzfest for that matter). Below is a ridiculously shitty picture that I took at the show. I have also included a clip from YouTube for a better view of the goings on from another stop on the tour.


A few more random Ozzfest 2007 pics that I took...








Ozzy's video intro...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home